Retail-based Software Development firm seeking a SQL Server Developer. Retail Backbone (www.retailbackbone.com) is a web application designed to integrate eCommerce and brick/mortar operations for online retailers such as Moosejaw Mountaineering (www.moosejaw.com). We are looking for a reliable, experienced SQL Server developer to help with existing project work as well as develop new features and architecture for our evolving framework. Responsibilities will include traditional T-SQL coding of stored procedures, SQL Reporting, SSIS and CLR integration.
WORK FROM ANYWHERE: Our existing team of developers are spread out throughout the country, and all development meetings are conducted via web conference, so location is not an issue - you can work from home, a coffee shop, or on the beach. If you have a laptop, reliable internet connection and the talent - we are interested.
In this position, you will be responsible for full life-cycle development in a fast-paced environment, implementing solutions in Microsoft SQL Server 2014, Enterprise Edition. Working under the general supervision of a senior SQL DBA/Developer will provide enterprise-level database support for all client databases. DBA will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining database environments, evaluating and installing patches and monitoring scheduled database backups and recovery. The DBA will also work closely with the development team as well as directly with the clients to address all issues related to database design and code implementation.
- Classroom or on-the-job experience in database administration, development and support in enterprise database environments (SQL Server).
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving data integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, connectivity issues and security issues.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools (Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, System Procedures).
- Knowledge of database backups/restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, clustering, disaster recovery.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, and patching. Knowledge of how statistics work, how indexes are stored, and how indexes can be created and managed effectively.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures (creating knowledge base articles, data maps, etc ).
- Ability to provide System Administration support in a Windows 2012 environment.
- Capable of managing responsibilities independently.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be accountable, organized, innovative and motivated; job requires detailed logging of all project work for billing and knowledge base.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Design and document database architecture including tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints, users, permissions, etc…
- Write and troubleshoot complex T-SQL code including optimized stored procedures and user-defined functions.
- Development and implementation of reports and extended stored procedures using SQL Server Reports and CLR
- Analyze, consolidate and tune databases for optimal efficiency.
- Work with development team to tune SQL queries.
- Provide solutions to development teams when proposed solutions do not comply with architectural, configuration, performance, or security guidelines.
- Implement and enforce database security based upon best practice, SOX regulations, and company policies.
- Proactively monitor database performance and identify potential issues prior to actual performance degradation.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to perform maintenance and upgrades, and emergency troubleshooting.
- Provide after-hours support as required in critical situations.
Salary range: $55K-$65K. In addition to our generous starting salary, we also offer flexible scheduling,
telecommunication reimbursement, and paid time-off.